Saturday, October 11, 2008

Life in Wonderland

Oh Hey.

I haven't been writing in my blog because
A. I am no longer in India
B. My live does not seem exotic
C. I am busy (when has that not been an excuse)

Here is an update on my life, thus far...

I am living in Provo for my last seven months at BYU. I have enjoyed my time at BYU immensely. It has been quite a journey. I go through phases where I can't decide if I like it or not. But I have come to the consensus that I am a better person because of it and I am different. I finally found a niche in school that seems to suit me. I have finally become involved with my professors. They are not as scary as I always thought. I am co-president of Students for International Development. Here I learn about awesome people and awesome experiences. I am slightly jealous of all the people that will be staying for the next couple of years, there are so many incredible experiences to partake in.

I graduate in April and am trying to find a path. Teach for America is out of the running, they told me I wasn't good enough. I am thinking about doing a teaching fellows with NYC or Chicago, but I am also looking into an internship with a NGO in India. But, there is always the Peace Corps.

On to other news... my FHE group made a massive fort in my living room. There is a picture
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5256006571076148722" />

And then these are my favorite cousins that I visited in California

alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5256006579241046594" />

So I guess my life is going pretty well

3 stamps of approval:

kelsey said...

I had all but given up on you ever updating again, but here we are! I'm glad school is going well and you have finally found your place. Oh, and you tell those elitest jerks at Teach for America to stuff it (that's what I would do).

Ashley Seil Smith said...

sydney. you did not tell me you had a blog. shame on you.

Megs said...

Um, your life sounds really exciting to me. A lot more exciting than my life, at least.