Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Believe that Love is the Answer

NPR has this great segment called "This I Believe." It is basically a five minute program that features people saying what they believe. I think this one is particularly inspiring. It has tempted me to write my own 'I believe essay', which I did. If you don't have time to listen to the five minute audio clip, can I quote for you some things that this seven year old kid believes.

"I believe God is in everything.

I believe we're all equal.

I believe we can help people.

I believe everyone is weird in their own way...

I believe people should not give up.

I believe love is everywhere.

I believe that God helps us to have a good time...

I believe war should not have started.

I believe war should stop.

I believe we can make peace."


I have listened to this podcast a bunch of times and everytime I want to cry because the words are so beautiful. And when I am listening Tarak say his beliefs, I feel happy, I feel like the world is a vast canvas for innumberable amounts of good to be performed. I believe in happiness.

1 stamps of approval:

chaela said...

I've been seeing Lisa now for a little over a year, she says she's never been so happy but Lisa lives in fear that one day daddy's gonna find out she's in love with a 'brother' from the streets. Oh, how he would lose it them but she's still here with me because she believes that love will see us through the things we do today ----?----but that makes it okay because I believe love is the answer...

but seriously this was really sweet. I'm happy you blogged it.