Monday, July 20, 2009

Life on the big screens

Sometimes you have experiences that let you know your alive. Earlier this week I starred in a Nepali commercial for tire sealant. I wore more make up than I have ever worn in my life and I learned how to ride a scooter. I tossed my hair, looked into the camera and sang (yes, it was a jingle) "you'll never stop." They needed a white face to endorse their American product and i was more than happy to play the part.

Courtney has joined me in Nepal for my last week. It has been good to have her here and see her experience Nepal for the first time. I almost remember what it was like for me. I remember the time I saw what was to be my bathroom and how I went up to my room and cried because the the spider webs above the toilet and the stagnant water looked insurmountable. Oh to be naive and full of fear.

For the past few days Courtney, Jeff and I went to the National Park in the sourthen part of Nepal. We spent two days river rafting, riding elephants, canoeing and playing cards. I saw rhinos, wild elephants, friendly wild boars (bill the boar jumped in the river to follow us, he loved us so much), bambi and friends, and peacocks. My favorite part was the part I got to bathe with the elephants. If the Nepali people wanted me to be in another commericial where bathing with elephants were envolved, like you know for elephant soap, I would.

5 stamps of approval:

Unknown said...

Are you serious!? Any chance the commercial will make it to YouTube?

Jonathan Davis said...

Pleeeeeease ask for a copy of the comercial, or just film it with your camera when it comes on TV, I desperately want to see it. . .

Luvs from Brazil.

Natausha said...

Oh Sydney. That sounds fabulous. I would love to travel with you. I think we would have oh so much fun. I'm glad you have added a ton of new cool stories to tell!

Rebecca Langham said...

i want to see commercial too. definitely.

Cassandra said...

Sydney, you complete me. Also I am excited about your scooter commercial sequel: Dirty Elephants. Or you know, whatever they would call an elephant soap commercial.