Saturday, November 22, 2008

I <3 Music

I have often compared my passion to music to worshiping a false god. I don't, but if I did and if I ever have come close to worshiping any sort of idol it has probably been music.

You know the type of music that you feel instantly. I feel it all. Like "Your Ex Lover is Dead" by Stars. So delicious. Or even better are the songs that take a while to like and then once you like it is like 'in' you. Hook, line and sinker. The song "Jigsaw Falling into Place" by Radiohead is one of those songs for me.

So, if you have any musical suggestions you think I might be interested in, send them my way. I also think that James Mercer is attractive. Done

2 stamps of approval:

Megs said...

I love Jigsaw Falling Into Place, and it was the same deal - didn't care for it until I'd heard it a few times.
I don't know whether you've heard of these people, but I'll shoot you the list of people I've been really enjoying lately.

The National - My favorite right now, hands down. I can't get enough of them now that I'm into them. Obscure but awesome lyrics, great sound, occasional guest appearances by Sufjan Stevens.

Some others:
Republic Tigers
Wolf Parade
Brett Dennen
Chris Merritt
The Morning Benders
Mutual Admiration Society

I hear you on the false god thing. It's rough. :)

kelsey said...

James Mercer, really?