Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mero naam

These kids are sooo cute. They stole the welcome tikka and put it on themselves!

So I received a Nepali name a couple of weeks ago and it is my favorite trick. I guess people don't expect me to know Nepali and I know close to nothing, but i can say my name is Fulmaya (love flower) and I am from Gorkha.
I know some people are wondering what I am doing in Nepal because before i had no answer and right now I am not ready to answer. It has been hard to be alone but I am growing and as my parents told me when I was younger, it is character building experience.

5 stamps of approval:

Ashley Seil Smith said...

Sydney I was sitting here when google reader showed you had a blog all of the sudden! It made me feel like we are not so far away!

I envy you. You took the right course with anthropologie...it is so much better being in a village than in a big city working for a mean CEO. While a different culture, these pictures make me miss INDIA so much.

Maria said...

Dear Fulmaya-
You are so cool and so is your Nepalese name. I'm glad you have a character that you like to build, so that you put yourself in these really hard but also really amazing experiences. also, i agree that those kids look super fun and mischievous too. have they ever met someone like you before?

Cheri said...

Hey Sydney,
I like your Nepali name. It fits you. And by the way, I like where your charactor is going! Love ya!

Michael Monroe said...

Haha I love that second picture. So if you're name is Fulmaya... my name is Sihle. A Swazi woman gave it to me. It means "Where he goes, doors open." Cool huh?

Cassandra Romney said...

You look so good in red!