Thursday, May 7, 2009

Awhile a go a boy said to me, 'i have a one tract mind that splits into seven directions.' Since then, his part in my life has been recasted and I write him off as a learning experience. Still, I cannot figure out what that statement means.

Recently, I was blog stalking. For awhile I became obsessed with blogs of girls I had known in high school that were married and expecting or had a child. I watched as they upload pictures of their son eating his first plate of mashed potatoes or the pictures of the new crib she got at her bridal shower. My friends, Steve, was right about blogs. Blogs that have pictures of babies always get a million comments. But I wondering if this obsession is linked to my new fascination with birthing stories. After a successful surf on the web, I found this website, which contained this website that has stories, with pictures, about birth. So it's graphic, beware. I particularlly am drawn into the stories about birthing centers and homebirths. The birth of a person is supposed to be a beautfil process. (kirsten, the hospitalization of childbirth in the 1930s). But this all comes from a book I read called Our Babies, Ourselves. It is about the biological and cultural implications of babies and raising them. Check it our my friends.

5 stamps of approval:

chaela said...

One time when I was watching this episode of Home Improvement called "The Old College Try" (season 7, episode 163-12) Tim Taylor reminisces of a class (a sex class) he took in college called 'Our Bodies, Ourselves.' Then he said of the teacher "she was a 75 year old woman but she could do some crazy things with an overhead projector..."

what does this mean? Do you think the link to the pictures of births will help me??

Sam L said...

you say the word baby and I get this urge to comment.

Darla said...

Why would you put that link to the birth pictures? I HAD to look and only looked at the "very modest" ones and feel sick to my stomach! I don't think I can have babies...and so I guess I'll never be getting all those comments on my blog, since no one cares about me talking about my dogs! Ha Ha!

chaela said...

also, check
this
out. Graduation present anyone?

Rebecca Langham said...

yes, that was lovely chaela. at least syd posted a warning of thhe content of her links...
syd, i am still not sure what "i have a one track mind that splits into seven tracks" really means. it hadn't occurred to me before, but i suppose the best way to find out will be to experience this for myself. i am not sure how to do this, but as soon as i figure it out, i will tell you what it means.
then again, maybe i should avoid such an experience, as it doesn't seem to have worked to well for said boy, eh?