Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sometimes when I listen to Sigur Ros songs I make up my own lyrics

I came to the recent discovery that I only have 4 GB left on my hard drive. In one summer I can take 4 GBs of pictures! My mother, for my birthday, got me a super cute and super small 500GB hard drive. Currently, I have 20 + GB of pictures and I can't seem to let them go over to external drive permanently. I love my pictures. And my external hard drive is easily accessible, but not as convenient. But clearly I have a hard time of letting things go, which is evident in the numerous boxes scattered in my bedroom in my parent's house. Who knows when I will need that cord that went to my camera that i don't have anymore? Someone, somewhere might need it!
So I wanted to share my pictures with the public, so you can partake of the love.
I'm sorry, but I was adorable when I was younger! That face!
AHHH! This is me in ninth grade. And even though this is painful to show to others, it is part of the healing process. BRACES+GROWING OUT BANGS+ CRUNCHY CURLS+NEW KID at SCHOOL= AWKWARD

And this is the boy that I had a crush on for so much of my high school, but it was unrequited. Also, I used to bake cakes! (what?) and I used to wear ribbons around my neck because i thought that was cool... not cool

This is Cameron. He was the first boy to ever hold my hand. We both had red hair! What more did I want? maybe a phone call
At one point in my life I used to be 'into' sports, specifically basketball (because boys also like basketball and I may or may have not been 15 years old and a bit boy crazy, in this picture i am at least 16) GO HAWKS! Since this picture, Amber and Stacie have both died (they got married).
This is my dear sister Mallory, during her second back surgery about four years ago. She is a really good and friendly person and it is hard to see her struggle. You rock, Mal!
This is during my freshmen summer with my awesome roommates Melodie and Chaela. We still rock and we still love each other. We are tan(ish) because that was the Summer of Love and no summer since will ever compare, and when it's the Summer of Love you get tan. Logical? of course

This was just last night. With Cassi and Louis, my good friends. Louis had missed his flight to Chile, so we saw Star Trek. I just need to say Spock is attractive (i feel weird saying that... rebecca, is that ok, will that compromise the assimilation tubules?) Used to be boy crazy? I don't think I have change much.

9 stamps of approval:

Kirsten said...

Love the pictures! and i love that you have as hard a time as i do throwing things away. Also, that first pictures reminds me a lot of the one that chaela used to make into the shirts for your "beauty in india" presentation. ya know, the one with you and you're purple headband.

Liz Lambson said...

Man, you were such a babe in 9th grade! This is a great post.

tappens said...

I love this Sydney. Mostly because the pictures remind me completely of my life. Boy craziness, awkwardness, basketball, the whole lot. Except the ribbons... that was just weird. Jk.

And I think everyone makes up their own lyrics to Sigur Ros. How can you not?

Mary DeMann said...

I didn't know you had a blog! I'm adding you to our blog. Your pictures are way cute- Bryce laughed at the younger ones.

Cheri said...

I think you are every bit as cute now as when you were 3.

Kathleen said...

Sydney, I hate to break it to you, but Spock and assimilation tubules have no connection whatsoever. (so no, they weren't compromised) No one in the Federation (Human, Vulcan, or otherwise) encountered assimilation tubules for at least a century after the time frame of the new Star Trek movie (I apologize for not knowing offhand the actual stardate...so I'm just estimating the time frame). But I feel I can still sincerely say to you live long & prosper. And have a nice day.

Rebecca Langham said...

Sydney, for your information, Kathleen is the woman from whom I have gained all of my own Star Trek knowledge, one to whom I owe a great biological debt as well, and thus a much greater Star Trek expert than even I.

kelsey said...

I have no idea what is going one with these Star Trek comments as I have never seen one bit of the show or movies made, but I will agree that that Zachary Quinto is very attractive. Even with the haircut and ears.

chaela said...

I like Sam's uber missionary haircut in the picture with Mallory. It's...hip.