Saturday, March 6, 2010

Chicago, I love you

People! I am leaving in less in five weeks! The weekend before I leave, I am going to have a big party with big music and big hair. I hope you plan on attending. One of my best friends is leaving a week before me to go on her mission. She is so awesome, she is going to be fantastic.

Speaking of fantastic, I love Chicago. It was cold, but glorious. On the first day there, I was able to explore the city with my friend Courtney. We had delicious tea from Argo tea. The friendly people over at Argo tea recognize the need for spectacular herbal tea. One drink they combined white chocolate, soy milk and rooibos tea. Best. idea. ever. Have I told you I am excited to go to Botswana and drink endless amounts of red bush tea? We went to the Art Instittute of Chicago... for free. Love free february at the institute. Then later that night, Courtney and I skated at the Millenium Park. And this picture is a testament that Courtney cannot skate straight.
The rest of the week was filled with presentations and tasty food. I told myself before that I was going to eat good food, mission accomplished. I received my official invite to the Peace Corps while we were in Chicago. But I couldn't really focus on it, until after I finished my presentation on Wednesday afternoon. That night, my brother Paul flew in on his way to Milwaukee, and he took me and some of my colleagues out to dinner in Greek Town. I sware when I finally get a job that pays money, I am going to take pity on poor college kids and pay for meals or tax rides and I will say 'my pleasure.' Thanks Paul!

On my last day, Brittany and I took an excursion around town and had a blast infront of the bean at the Millenium park. I mean, Chicago has a rapid transport system and a big art form that you can take pictures at and get the background of the city in your picture... how can one city get better?
I am going to the Hunger Banquet tonight! I am nervous and excited. I feel so much emotional tension. Will I be able to just sit there, without contributing. The Hunger Banquet has been one of my greatest accomplishments (i mean not my accomplishment, but a group project), can i let go? I hear it is best yet! sigh.

2 stamps of approval:

MeganHowell said...

we love paul at our house!! you guys have such a fun family:) i am so happy i got to see you (even if it was only for a sec) tonight. glad you got to come party with your alums.

Liz Lambson said...

Last time (and the only time) I was in Chicago I went to the Art Institute and guess what happened? I ran into one of my art teachers from high school, and she was like, "Liz?" And we had this strange reunion. Weird.